Monday, June 7, 2010

The Twilight Attack


Anguished and alone, burning the ceiling with my endless gaze

I lay thinking of what was,

What could be

And all that will not.


The passion’s I’ve given up on, opportunity’s seeped through my grasp

The dreams I’ve failed to fulfil, discarded

My mind races with fresh thoughts,

Of how I could change my past, how to right my wrongs, oh hindsight how I loath you


Unfruitful I lay, along in anguish,

Trying to break free my mind of the now,

Over the misery of the day,

Worrying what the next will bring.


The darkness sets in,

Tossing and turning,

An eruption of new doubts,

Uncertainty kisses my brow.


I cry for help, for forgiveness, for love

For peace to wash over me

I stand against the lies and half truths

I brace myself for the onslaught of misery and doubt


Armed with wisdom and mercy, His battle cry is heard

To my side he charges with a fire in his eyes

Truth he yells into my life, concert reinforcements against the barrage.

Love and acceptance he whispers into my life, peace soon follows


I try to visualize peace, the word my sound mind

Try to cast away the confliction, dwell on he who is good

Weariness washes over me, comfort and love my embrace

My eyes begin to falter.


Relief will comes with the slumber,

Wiping my slate clean, making my spirit like new.

In the dawn a new I will rise, the day to come I will survive

Only for the onslaught to start again before I lay down to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment